Friday 5 January 2018

The 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 6 (morning cont.) - Isfahan - The Museum of Contemporary Art - Temporary exhibitions of Reza Doust painting and Pollish contemporary illustration - The 2nd of December 2017


(...)

Because the Museum of Contemporary Art was next to the Museum of Decorative Arts I had previously visited I decided it might be worth visiting it as well, despite the fact that there were only two temporary exhibitions.
 
 
Walking into the Museum, whose building dates back to the Qajar epoch was interesting enough, especially the quiet stroll around its inner garden.























 
 
 

I fell in love with the Iranian painter - Reza Doust, being temporarily showcased, whose oil paintings mainly focused on painting material. I later learned that the Museum invests in Isfahanian artists living abroad, in as much as getting them to be known by the Iranian public, which I personally considered to be a very interesting idea. 


 






















 
 
 
 
From there I walked through the galleries that displayed several examples of Polish contemporary illustration, though it didn't fascinate me as much as the previous exhibition.
 















I felt it had been really worth visiting the Museum. Art does positively influence my state of mind.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment