Sunday 21 October 2012

Ângela's contribution for the Cape Verde project and other issues...




I have been handed quite a few second-hand clothes and shoes for anyone who might need in Cape Verde. I already know some of these will be handed to the emergency centre in Praia, as to the rest we'll see. 


























Ângela, who has been kind enough to participate in this project by giving me all of these is also willing to become a "godmother", which is good news as there are several children in need.


So far I know that out of the photos I have handed out two of the children have already got themselves "godmothers".


Hélida's story as she came to me sobbing because like the other girls she wished to have a "godmother" touched somebody's heart and she got herself what she wanted most. Little Velker Leinilson 's photo on his mother's lap has also caught someone's attention.The little boy has been born with the Down syndrome and having a "godmother" may be of some help to his family.



















Hélida (left) and Velker Leinilson (right)




I am hopeful that by the end of this year we'll have found "godparents" for the remaining children, whose images I have brought with me.


My gratitude goes out to all of those people who have joined the project and the ones who still keep on joining it. May they all be blessed for what they have been doing for thse children and their families.










No comments:

Post a Comment