Wednesday 28 December 2011

The letters from Calheta


I have today received twenty eight letters written by the children of Calheta, which were kindly sent by Sibylle inside one envelope, once neither the children nor their parents can afford the stamps.






They are "thank you" letters, I presume, judging from the ones I have received from my "protegées", as well as a response to the ones we had sent them previously.

I noticed some of the children have re- used the envelopes we sent them,  by changing the "to" to "from" and this way keeping the degree of intimacy there should exist between them and the "godparents".

I can't speak on behalf of the other "godparents", but  I must say these children not only touch me with their thankful attitude, but have also been reminding me of some of the "values" we have been gradually losing in our so called modern societies.

May they be blessed and hopefully with our help make some of their "simple" dreams come true ...








No comments:

Post a Comment