Thursday 19 October 2017

Strolling around Faro ...


My tight working schedule at the airport didn't allow me much time to freely stroll around Faro but in the evening. Despite being tired I made an effort to move about within a fairly limited city perimeter rather than throw myself onto the hotel bed and anticipate my sleeping hours.
 
 
These city "ventures" took me to the Church of Venerável Ordem Terceira de Nossa Senhora do Carmo area, where both the Third Order church and the one close to it were closed, as well as the marina to watch a beautiful sun set over the bay. 





















I finally managed to visit the interior of the 18th century Venerable Third Order of Our Lady of Carmo the followind day, despite having had just twenty minutes to stroll around its premises before it closed. I must say I was rather impressed  by the altarpiece carving of the main chapel and the surounding chapels showcasing examples of the most significant art pertaining to the "Joanine" period in the Algarve. I still had time to look at the Chapel of the bones, whose walls are said to have been covered with bones collected from the adjoining cemetery. 
 
 















The last day saw me exploring another area, where the churches and chapels I came across were (as it would be expected) closed.























 

1 comment:

  1. Hi mates, its fantastic post conferning teachibgand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.

    ReplyDelete