Wednesday 20 September 2017

Some of the films I have recently watched ...


Gett: the trial of Viviane Amsalem and The salesman are among the most touching films I have watched recently and which I highly recommend to those who haven't yet had the chance to watch them.


 
The first is a rather tense drama on the rigid religious bureaucratic system regarding divorce in Israel. It takes place inside a courtroom testing one's powerlessness and exhausting patience. The main character's facial expressions and body language regarding what is being said seems to be what I, as viewer got moved by, making me undeniably sympathise with her as I tried to put myself in her shoes and understand what she firmly expected as a court decision. Her performance was outstanding and deserves to be noted.
























Apart from the outstanding performances on the part of both the main and secondary characters  The salesman is an inter personal drama and a suspense-like film hinging on what goes on mainly in the characters' display of unspoken feelings and emotions. Asghar Farhadi's subtlety in handling the whole subject theme of relationships throughout the whole film is particularly intelligent. This is undoubtedly a film I will want to watch again.
 
 



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment