Wednesday 13 September 2017

Figueira da Foz - Images ... memories ... - The 13th of August 2017

 
Wandering about my hometown allowed me to have a slightly different perception than the one I had as a child ...
 
 
 I came across the same streets (now decorated with interesting graffittis) and buildings, such as the Military quarters, the nearby castle-like residence of a well known family we often went to and the kindergarten I attended (repainted and externally refurbished), the same old blue and white tiles of the former hospital, now turned into an old people's home, the Dutch tile Museum and the Soto Maior Palace - long gone cultural landmarks of the city and the bull-fighting ring which used to play an important role in the Summer activities of the city that attracted thousands of Spanish tourists. 
 
 
 
 
 




































































 
 

Images .... memories ... of a past I unexpectedly felt closer than I believed I would ... 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment