Friday 18 August 2017

Faro - The Cathedral - The 31st of July 2017

 
 
Among a few opportunities I had to stroll around Faro was the visit to its Cathedral, which I had tried to visit several times before and wasn't able to, because of having been closed. I was fortunate enough this time, despite the fact that only my colleague's little boy and I risked walking up to the bellfry and in to admire its various chapels, some of which  were tiled and showcased quite a few gilded altars and artefacts, dating from the thirteenth through to the late seventeenth centuries.
 
 
 












































I  must say I visited it in a hurry thinking and partly worried about those who were outside waiting for us but will certainly go back some other time (hopefully when it is open), as I feel it deserves to be thoroughly visited and admired.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment