Thursday 8 June 2017

My 19 Day Iranian Azerbaijan circuit - From the Caspian rives to Tabriz and Takht-e Soleiman - Day 6 (early afternoon cont.) - Ardebil - The Unesco designated Sheikh Safi al-Din Khanegah and Shrine Ensemble (Second part - interior) - The 14th of May 2017


(...)

If the exterior had caught my attention, its richly ornamented interior utterly mesmerised me. I was speechless as I wandered around the various chambers, from the one exhibiting a remarkable collection of antique artefacts through to the tomb area. The subtle  designs and colour nuances together with the golden finishing touch in most niches were inebriating and did get embedded in me.














































































Jaqueline, Joëlle, Thérèse and Marie Noëlle (from left to right) with an Iranian mother and daughterwho asked to be photographed with them.











 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment