Friday 28 April 2017

Funchal, Madeira island and the Refresher Course ... - The 18th, 19th and 20th of April 2017



I must confess I wasn't too enthusiastic with the prospect of having to travel to Funchal so as to carry out a total immersion-like Refresher Course and not be able to at least stroll around the city centre for one or two hours every evening over the three days I'd stay in Madeira island, but once there I realised that it was actually possible "using" one of my students' generosity (if I may call it as such) in driving me back to the heart of the city after the classes.


The hotel I stayed at was possibly one of the best organised I have been to so far ... though Madeira is clearly used to tourism, so nothing less would be expected from them, let alone Pestana Group.





























 
 
 


The simple fact of having walked up and down hill at the end of a series of long working days and looked at the gardens, the flowers, the sea, the historical marks and the Cathedral's interior eased my soul and I can't deny I enjoyed every moment as much as I did being surrounded by the group of very few students I worked with over that period of time. 
 


























































 
Miguel, Francisco, Nuno, Jesus and Manel (from left to right)












 

No comments:

Post a Comment