Tuesday 13 September 2016

On my way to York via Porto and Liverpool - Porto - last moments - The 5th of September 2016



(...)

I spent my last moments in Porto strolling around the streets between the Clérigos and the Trindade areas, once I had to catch the tube heading to the Airport at the Trindade line .


I stopped by the old Grocery's - Casa Oriental, whose façade dating back to 1910 was embellished by the equally typical dried codfish hanging from its entrance. I bought a typical cake in one of the Cafés nearby (and later wished I had bought more, as they were delicious).

























I came across several interesting details, such as a graffiti-message like highlighting the importance of sowing the goodness so as to reap accordingly and a little bit further along a statue depicting the Portuguese poet and writer Camilo Castelo Branco, whose dramatic love novels we had to study throughout High school.























Before getting into Trindade tube station I walked into the 19th century Trindade church, whose Neo Calssical interior is worth being seen.




































 

No comments:

Post a Comment