Saturday 10 September 2016

On my way to York via Porto and Liverpool - Porto, São Bento train station -The 4th of September 2016


I got on a train to Porto very early in the morning, having had to change at Campanhã and then heading off to São Bento station, once the hotel I had booked was fairly close. 


I strolled around the station of São Bento for quite a while amidst battles and daily life scenes depicted on the glazed tiles that cover its walls and are breathtakingly beautiful. The train sation entrance hall happens to be one of Porto's touristic highlights and I am not surprised it is so, as even for Portuguese used to this form of Art present almost everywhere, these 1916 glazed tiles by the Portuguese artist Jorge Colaço are absolutely mesmerising.























































































(To be continued)








No comments:

Post a Comment