Saturday 10 September 2016

On my way to York via Porto and Liverpool - Porto - on the way to Soares dos Reis Museum - The Church of Carmo - The 4th of September 2016


(...)

I took a quick shower and soon headed back into the streets, this time on my way to the Museum of Soares dos Reis I had been wanting to visit for a long time.


Having turned right from my hotel I walked up passing by Lello  bookshop, one of Porto's icons, which I wasn't to visit this time due to the long queue that sttod outside its main entrance. 



I soon found myself in Rua do Carmo and the Churches of  the monks of Carmo and  the nuns of Carmelitas, standing next to each other and sharing a common wall. I was fortunate enough to visit the Church of Carmo dated back to the second half of the 18th century as the mess had just finished, though prior to having walked into its guilded nave I took several pictures of its lateral façade, which is said to have been designed by the Silvestre Silvestri.






























I continued walking towards the Carregal gardens until I finally reached the Museum. Around that area I came across a few interesting graffitis and a street message stating "Mais amor por favor" (More love please), which I personally feel we have been lacking lately.













(To be continued)







No comments:

Post a Comment