Tuesday 9 August 2016

The National Palace of Mafra - The Basilica - The 7th of August 2016


It was particularly hot as I walked out of the Palace so I soon walked into the Basilica where I sat through a mess that was being carried out. The religious songs and the organ filled in the air ... and there were times in which I looked up at the dome and lost myself in circles of thoughts after thoughts as if I couldn't stop them from swirling around ...
 
 
It was the 10th anniversary of Faye's death ... and I felt a bit lost ... extremely sad. My  feelings against  the God all Mercy surfaced unexpectedly and I couldn't help but hold him responsible for having taken her ... even if it was for some brief moments ...
 
 
When I managed to get up I took to photographing the carrara marble statues, the chapels the organs ... the light coming through the dome ... everything ... as if mechanically pushed ... 













































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment