Thursday 10 December 2015

The Myanmar discovery circuit - Day 6 (afternoon cont.) - Bagan, Southern Plain - next to the Manuha Temple; coffee at a local Café shop - The 17th of November 2015


(...)

Having had a 15 minute break before continuing our Bagan exploring adventure I decided to walk into a temple which was located fairly close to the Manuha temple, certainly without too much importance but I enjoyed walking around its labyrinthical corridors without anyone except Buddha's images, fading painted fresco designs on the ceiling and a certain touch of mystery.




























After having left the area and whilst heading back into Old Pagan we stopped at a small esplanada Café in front of an exchange bureau where some of my trip companions wanted to buy kyats. The tree overshadowing the Café had some paper fish decorating it, which I found to be extraordinary creative. I was beginning to "feel at home" ... and admiring the details, which I felt made the difference ... and make the difference in the way we approach life ... 
























1 comment:

  1. Iolanda,
    I would like permission to publish one of your photographs in a book. It is the Zao Wou-Ki tile mural in Oriente metro station in Lisbon. If you allow this, please email me. ankeney.weitz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete