Monday 21 December 2015

Temporary exhibition at Calouste Gulbenkian Museum - The Delaunay cycle (cont.), Lisboa - The 20th of December 2015



(...)

I continued strolling around the first floor gallery where I came across more of Eduardo Viana, Amadeo de Souza Cardos  Sonia and Robert Delaunay's compositions. Despite there being only a composition by Almada Negreiros, one of my favourite painters, I "mentaly" revised all of his artistic sketches that had fascinated me as a teenager, as I thoroughly looked at it.


















Untitled compositions by Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso - c. 1913




















"Flamenco singer" - Sonia Delaunay - 1915








 "Flamenco Singers" - Sonia Delaunay - 1915-16





















"Naked female reader" - Robert Delaunay - 1915-16









"The red tablecloth" -  Samuel Harpert - 1915





















"Popular song - The Brazilian bird" - c.1916







"Popular song - The Russian female and the Figaro" - c.1916




















"The rebellion of the dolls" - Eduardo Viana - 1916






















"Untitled" - Eduardo Viana - (left). " The man and the ceramics" - Eduardo Viana -1919 (right).







The last composition by Almada Negreiros and the "Even and Odd" by Amadeo de Souza Cardoso really touched me as I pondered on life and the roles we sometimes play as "gamblers" against all the odds of life itself.




















No comments:

Post a Comment