Sunday 27 September 2015

The latest book I have read ...



I have  just finished reading Nahal Tajadod's Elle joue, which provided me with a much more in depth perspective of Iran as in accordance with the voices of two women, the author and the main character, the actress Goldshifteh Farahani, whom I have seen in several films.
 
Despite being both Iranian they have had rather different experiences in regards to their country of origin, not exclusively because of their personality traits and age difference but mostly because of the political turmoil that affected their country before and during the time they moved into Europe.






























Rather than get into detail as to what I've learned with and through this book reading I'll simply transcribe something I came across that had me consider all the way through.
 




"Ce que nous paraissons, ce que nous sommes vis-avis des autres, ce que nous croyons être et que nous sommes réalement, ce que nous ne pouvons pas être et que nous sommes malgré tous"
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment