Tuesday 7 October 2014

Remembering ...


As we gathered in the mortuary chapel of the church, where the body of my aunt was lying I instinctively remembered something I had recently read
 
" Qui sommes nous? (...) Qui sont les autres et qui sont ceux qui nous ont quittés? (...) Est-ce l'être vivant qui compte, ou le souvenir que nous gardons de lui, cette image òu la douleur cesse d'intervenir?"
 
and wondered ...


She passed away this Friday and although my aunt had rarely left the bed for the last five years or so the images that have always prevailed are the ones of my childhood ... together on the beach ... together for the yearly family photographs in my grandmother' s garden ...  and that's the way I feel my brother and I will  keep on remembering her ...





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment