Saturday 18 January 2014

Nantes, Saint Croix and Saint Nicholas churches - The 12th of January 2014 (morning)


(...)

I walked towards the 1683 Church of Saint Croix just a few steps away from where I stood. Occupying the place of the Bouffay Castle' s chapel this Baroque style front church with its flamboyant nave and Neo-Gothic choir does catch visitors' attention mostly because of the statue of "Notre Dame de Bon Secours" and its magnificent bell-fry tower with angles playing the trumpet.

Preparations for a mess were being carried out so I felt I should walk out and as I did fell upon an image of Joseph and Mary that despite not having any particular religious value I quite liked as never before had I seen such a display of tenderness between the two religious figures.







































On my way towards the Graslin Square I walked into another church, the 1854 Neo-Gothic church of Saint Nicholas, where a religious service was being held, this being the reason as to why I didn't manage to take any photographs of its interior.
























(To be continued)








No comments:

Post a Comment