Monday 30 December 2013

Street Art project by the river Tagus, Lisbon - The 29th of December 2013


As I drove along the Tagus river shore last week I couldn't help noticing a rather exquisite street Art composition covering the façade of a house in the Jardim do Tabaco area and the reason I didn't stop to admire it from a closer perspective was because I knew I would be back sometime later with my camera.

This Sunday I decided to photograph it having been surprised by the realisation that two more façades had different compositions, each of which more fascinating than the other.

I would soon find out it had been a joint venture involving two artists - Pixel Pancho and Vhils and each of their utterly different artistic techniques was highlighted in the composition. Pixel Pancho is known  for his futuristic approach using humanised-looking robots reflecting contemporary scenarios, whilst Vhils has been made known for using a rather unique visual language based on the exploration of  non-conventional techniques, amongst which explosives and chiselling are incorporated to remove the superficial layers of the walls and thus create etchings.

One façade depicted an androgynous-like character together with a robotic creature and the other a chiselled male figure blowing in the direction of a wooden boat strongly fastened by a robotic hand as if discreetly pushing it towards the river, just a few metres away.






































The objective of the "Underdogs" 2013 Urban Art exhibition to which this particular composition pertains has certainly had an impact on people (whichever it might have been) as I managed to witness whilst taking the photos (almost everyone passing by had to stop and look at it). Taking into account the fairly young age of both artists I am sure a brilliant artistic career lies ahead for them.







 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to my father who informed me about this blog, this
    weblog is truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete