Thursday 1 August 2013

English workshop (short duration) for 7-10 year old children - The 29th, 30th and 31st of July 2013



I have initiated another short duration English workshop last Monday, this time for children whose ages range from six to ten. Although the minimum age was supposed to be seven I decided to accept a six year old child in the classroom activities because he had already learned some words of English.

I must confess I was a little apprehensive at the beginning because of having children whose level of English was not the same (four of them had already had four years of English, whilst one had never studied it) so I had to slightly change what I had programmed to do and adjust to the situation and so far have not  been having too many difficulties.

We have been developing the oral skills namely around the theme of personality traits, occupations, hobbies, indoor and outdoor sports and professions using rather simple structured sentences, some simple tenses (Simple Present, Present continuous) some prepositions and adverbs.

 




Duarte A., Duarte, Carolina, Clara, Beatriz C., Beatriz, Patricia and Rafael (from left to right).





They have been so enthusiastic and eager to learn to "speak" the English language that I sometimes have to literally "force" them out of the room to have a break to get some fresh air or eat something. 




















































Once they found out the other group had done some artistic activities they started convincing me to have them do some as well. I have used two of the fifteen hours to do them in (paper folding,  paintings in which they have used coloured sand, glitter, metal paper and stamps) though I must admit they have done a lot better in the English Language learning so far.

By looking at the photos I have taken over these last three days I have noticed there are a lot more photos of the Artistic activities and the very few I have of the English classes have been taken by my colleague Ana, who was with me for the first two days.






































































































(To be continued)








No comments:

Post a Comment