Saturday 2 February 2013

Oracle Night by Paul Auster ...



I have just finished Oracle Night by Paul Auster and it will certainly not be the last of  Paul Auster's books I shall be reading in the near future  ...






The more I read his books and the more I get used to Paul Auster's narrative style ... the more I want to read whatever he has written ... I don't exactly know whether it is the way he writes ...or what he writes about ... or both, but there is definitely something about him that keeps me hooked onto his books.

This particular one is in fact an intricate layer of story upon story ..., each of which"blends" into the main story, which  according to Paul Auster himself it is "a story about love and forgiveness", though one could easily add that it is also a story about life reconstruction following an unexpected event ... 

Quoting a critic it is essentially "about  survival against the odds, about the belief that we only truly find ourselves when we find the limits of what we can endure".


Endurance ...  one's reinvented trajectory of life, following loss or as part of a grieving process ... it is definitely worthy reading ...













No comments:

Post a Comment