Friday 1 February 2013

More presents for the children of Calheta (still) ...



Presents for the children keep on "pouring in", as I try to distribute them by the available space in our pieces of luggage. I don't think we'll be able to have everything finished but by Wednesday ..., as there are still fifteen children, whose presents haven't been handed in to any of us.

... I have seen a lot of enthusiasm though and that has given me some additional strength to carry on with this project.











Presents for Veinilson (left) and little Ana (right).












Presents for Ismael (left) and the little boy under the "protection" of Pedro (right).












Presents for the siblings Maria de Jesus (left) and Nolita (right).












Presents for Carla Veronica (left) and Ivanilda (right).












Presents for Ineida Patricia (left) and Ineida (right).












Presents for Wilson (left) and Patrick (right).













Presents for Lola (left) and Daniela (right).




 











Presents for Jessica Patricia (left) and Lavinia (right).












Extra presents for Lenira (left) and Tarine (right).





 Extra little presents (bracelet and earrings) for Elcy.





I have today collected more than a hundred photographs I had asked to be developed from my last trip to Calheta, so that the children may have them put in their photo albums. The expense has been divided between Lurdes and I, as we both feel these may be "visual" memories for the children's future reference. 


I have been handed quite a few second-hand puzzles, books and games (though most of them as if they could have just been bought) Silvia's two little girls put aside for the children of Calheta ... and what touched me most is that solidarity does sometimes at very early ages ... I may not be able to carry them all with me, but I am sure that whoever gets some of those will appreciate the gesture ...




 

On behalf of the children of Calheta I would like to thank everyone who has been involved in the project so far and those who despite no being as committed as the "grandparents"  still contribute on a regular basis.










No comments:

Post a Comment