Wednesday 16 January 2013

"The Truth" by Michael Palin






According to the Daily Telegraph "The Truth" is "ingeniously plotted, beautifully written and a hugely enjoyable book that raises tricky questions about cost of progress and even trickier ones about our need for heroes, the price of personal compromise, and what Palin calls the controversial assumption that the truth  is immutable."


I couldn't agree more with what has been mentioned, now that I have finished reading the book. I must confess I was utterly surprised by the quality of his  fictional writing, once I was used to the completely different type of books Palin had previously written to accompany his well known and successful travel journeys throughout the world.


I wonder why Pallin didn't get down to this writing approach earlier ... I am sure this book will be a "delight" for many.










No comments:

Post a Comment