Monday 28 January 2013

The Paris "adventure" - The Carnavalet Museum (cont.) and the Pompidou Centre.



(...)











Le Dôme Central de la Galérie des Machines durant l'exposition de 1889 - Louis Béroud 1852/1920 (left). Combat de la Rue Rohan, le 29 Juillet 1830 - Hippolyte Lecomte (right).















Juliete Gréco 1956 - Robert Humblot (left). La Danse des Muses - Louis Boulanger 1806/1867 (right).





Portraits de Margerite et Robert de Broglie 1890 - Emile -Auguste Carolus-Duran





 

Salle de Danse de l'Hôtel de Wendel 1925 - José Maria Sert y Badia







Chambre de Paul Léautaud



















Enseigne de Bijoutier-Horloger Au Nègre du XIX siècle (left). Allégorie du temps - Luc Olivier Merson - 1846/1920 (right).



I still managed to visit a rather interesting temporary exhibition at the Carnavalet Museum on paintings of Parisian churches dating back to the seventeenth century - "Les couleurs du ciel".








Friday afternoon -The 25th of January

Having realised there was a Dali exhibition at the Pompidou Centre and despite the fact that Christian and I had been to his House Museum in Figueres just outside of Barcelona a few years ago I felt I shouldn't miss it, so that is where I headed soon after having left Carnavalet.



It was understandably packed with people and though one had to wait for a while to have access to it, it was worth it.


















On the way to the hotel to pick up my backpack so as to head to the Airport I still stopped at some Parisian Libraries in the Marais area where a very interesting exhibition was on photography and children.


The flight back home would be fairly early on Saturday morning, so similarly to what had happened some years back (2005) I decided to sleep at the airport, though this time I took the necessary precautions so as to chose a lounge where there were already quite a few people lying about.




I must admit that I hadn't expected this "Paris adventure" to have been as interesting as it was ... (at least when I left home).












No comments:

Post a Comment