Tuesday 1 January 2013

"The Lighthouse" and other books ...



Just half an hour into the New Year I finished the last of four books I had been reading throughout November and December - the awarded Man Booker Prize 2012, "The Lighthouse", whose loneliness and sense of rejection tone touched me immensely.






Some books do sometimes fall into your hands when you most need them ... or maybe you are drawn to them simply because of your frame of mind at a particular moment in time.

The other three books were biographies, which I have always been drawn to. None could have been so different from the other and although I enjoyed reading each and everyone of them Paul Auster's Winter Journal is the one I liked most.




 


















All of them have been highly praised and all I can say is that any of them is worth being read.










No comments:

Post a Comment