Friday 11 January 2013

Exhibition in Paris




I am looking forward to having the unique opportunity to attend the vernissage of a forthcoming exhibition of Naji Kamouche, whom I had the privilege of meeting during a recent circuit throughout Rajasthan.

Despite the brief conversations we had, most of which for seconds after every meal as we smoked, I felt he was of an extreme sensitivity one rarely comes across and it was coincidently that I found out he was a rather renown artist in France.

Curiosity  led me to the internet in search of some of his works and previous exhibitions. I was surprised and touched mainly because of what I managed to see beyond the sculptures themselves ...  the underlying messages ... and though I am not particularly fond of Contemporary Art felt it is time to give it a chance.




















No comments:

Post a Comment