Tuesday 1 January 2013

Cape Verde - updated news regarding the Calheta project



Though I have not yet updated all the events regarding the year that has just finished I feel I should start with the updating of projects for this New Year, particularly the one of Cape Verde, as children in Calheta will only get their Christmas presents when João de Barros, Rui Neves and their respective wives set foot on the island together with me.

I am very happy with the fact that a few more children have found themselves caring "godparents" and those whose previous godparents have forgotten about them will also be "taken care of" by people who have recently joined the project. 



 












 















Several reasons might not allow me to travel to Cape Verde as often as I have in the past or as often as I would like to, but at least the school fees will be ensured by bank transfer, which I feel particularly happy about.


Dulce, who will also become a "godmother" has recently handed me out some second-hand clothes for the children at the Emergency Centre in Praia, which on their behalf I am very grateful about.






I have already been putting aside and packing the Christmas presents for some of the children due to the eternal problem of last minute time constraints.
 











Dresses for Tarine (left) and Eveline Natalina (right).













A dress for Jessica Joceane (left) and some leggings for Elcy (right).












A pair of shorts for Melissa (left) and a pair of trousers for Eduardo (right).

















A T-shirt with a head band for Josefine (left) and a T-shirt for Carla Veronica (right).














A skirt for Juliza (left) and a hooded coat for Leidina (right).






The more I give the little I have to bring some happiness to these unprivileged children the more I am convinced my own happiness is closely tied to making others happy.










No comments:

Post a Comment