Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Rajasthan circuit - Day 1 (cont.) - The Qutb complex - the 15th of November 2012



(...)

Apart from having been impressed by the Qutb Minar I must confess I was particularly mesmerised  with the outstanding finely carved work to be seen in the cloister columns at the Quwwat ul-islam Mosque pertaining to the Qubt complex, which is said to have been built by the parts taken by destruction of twenty seven Hindu  and Jain Temples.






















































































































Sometimes images speak louder than words and this is such a case. I cannot find the exact words to describe the artistic beauty I witnessed as I visited this complex. All I know is that some of these details stayed with me all the way through to the  hotel where we would be spending our first night ...










No comments:

Post a Comment