Thursday 9 August 2012

Mia Farr ... the big star ...



My opinion on Mia's performing skills may sound bias taking into account the fact that most people believe mothers tend to be "permeable" to their children's actions in a rather emotional way and do sometimes idolise them  by putting aside the necessary distance to be able to thoroughly "evaluate" them and their actions.








The truth is that I feel she was born to act ... and even before she walks on stage I know she is going to be the characters she has to "impersonate" ... without forcing her way into them, yet bringing a lot of herself into the personality of those characters, whoever they might be.

Mia's relationship with "Performing Arts" started at an early age, when it seemed more natural for her to express herself with gestures, facial expressions, body language, singing and even long silences, rather than the mere use of words.

































From a certain moment on she started calling herself Mia Farr, the big star ... and in no time developed unimaginable skills, she later excelled in, while studying performing Arts at Chapitô, theatrical performance at the Conservatory of Theatre and Cinema, Creative dancing in Liège and ultimately a year as an Erasmus Theatre student in Bratislava.









The world of words, she was not accustomed to before, except in the heartfelt poems she used to write in her teens, gains a different dimension as she walks on stage.

I have watched her play numerous parts in dramas, comedy-dramas, tragedies, historical and even satirical plays both as a major and minor actor and though I personally prefer dramas, there hasn't been a play in which I didn't feel she hadn't acted brilliantly.

































Her most challenging part must be the one she has to play in her day-to-day life though, once she is surrounded by people who "act" not according to the same performing techniques, on an ever "moving" stage depending on "roles" deprived of any sensitivity and above all in a "world" where Arts  might soon be relegated to "oblivion" when Government will reduce its financial support to the Arts.


I am proud of her and all that she has achieved, despite having chosen a "volatile" career ... as volatile as the money she is being paid to culturally entertain an ever growing group of Theatre non-goers.

May Theatre and Performing Arts continue to make a difference ... and may my "little" big star continue to shine on and outside the stage of life.






 









2 comments:

  1. "Strange" how you "gave" me some answers about my own self without knowing I had questions!!!
    The Silence... of being me...
    ... It hurts to keep all "this" inside... My World of Dreams... my own words...
    ... I think I still don't know how to live... I'm not sure if I ever will... Maybe I'm just hiding myself from the reality of being who I really am... not knowing who that person is!
    So many words, questions, thoughts... fears and dreams... and a Life where I don't know how to enter in!!!
    ... Tears are my confort, my silence... my own support... Where I hide from all of you... sometimes from myself!!!
    ... I don't know how/where to start...
    ... Living!!! ... Beliving!!! ... Trusting!!!
    ... Simply Being!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO MY BEST FRIEND: MIA FARR

    I think remembering the past through beautiful photographs for example. Brings feelings, emotions and experiences of the past that make us who we are today. (To look like a poet!) It's always good to remember ... when the memories are good of course! :)
    Be on your own, you deserve to live a full and happy life. It is when you look at you, when you go inside you will find that all the answers, in fact cease to need answers, because everything starts to make sense to you through the experience.
    The reality is a mirror of our interior, takes advantage of the signals that the reality gives you to evolve.
    In becoming aware of your essence just living in now, just being who you are for real, without subterfuge, without masks. It is when you allow yourself to be who you are that you live your life fully, without judgment, without prisons, without fear of what others might think, for what others might think is more dependent on what you think of yourself than of their opinion.
    You got it without a touch, without a word, without a sign.

    From BELL the naif painter.

    ReplyDelete