Saturday 2 June 2012

The Cape Verde experience in the words of Henriqueta



(...)








"My expectations were high and yet they were exceeded.

I came across "pure"people, with a sense of reciprocal help, happiness and simplicity - these are the words I belive better resume what I felt  at least over the weekend spent at Calheta de São Miguel.

I was myself ... and there people accpet one another for what one is and not as in accordance with the modern type of acceptance rules based on what is said or heard.

It is a pity one cannot have the best of the two "worlds" - progress and moral values.

Their gaiety impacted me in such a way that whenever I remember any of the experieenced episodes I start smiling.

It is obvious that the time spend in Praia was also worth it. The "guide" was VIP and the whole cultural atmosphere experienced at Pracinha, Casa da Musica  and Cidade Velha was overwhelming.

As I had imagined I brought back a lot more than what I had taken ... and that seems to be hardly explainable in written terms.

The three of us got along really well, almsot as if we had known each other for a long time - it was a perfect "accord "."


Henriqueta









No comments:

Post a Comment