Tuesday 7 February 2012

The "old" Jongieux house ...




I had grown attached to the "old" Jongieux house and honestly felt that no other house would fill the empty space she would "leave" the moment Christian had to move. 

I must have taken dozens of photos throughout all sorts of seasons, and the more I looked at them, the more I felt she looked rather "gracious" whether covered in snow or surrounded by little wild flowers during Spring ... and even under the bright light of Summer












 (The last photos taken in June 2011)





It was most probably that adaptability to the various "scenarios" that led me to believe no other would ever be able to "fit in" ... but I must confess I was wrong ...



The "new" house, though less gracious ... has "conquered" my heart (already) and although we have seen each other only twice, she is slowly taking the place of the "old" one. 

It has a different beauty ... the surrounding landscape is breathtaking ... (the little stream in the distance ... the mountains ... even the touch of wilderness of the garden ... with its shrubery) ...













 


(The most recent photos taken last January)









No comments:

Post a Comment