Monday 30 January 2012

The children of Calheta de São Miguel (still) ...



I had recently sent some envelopes with a birthday card and a pair of earrings each for the girls whose birthdays would be in January, as well as some letters from the "godmothers" who had reached me late and thus had not been included in the envelope sent to them.

Sibylle who has just sent me their photos handed them those as they were cleaning the field and I believe their expressions say it all.

I was also told they all (with one exception) chose to take the envelopes and open them in private.



















Daniela (left) and Lavinia (right)



















Carla (left) and Katiza (right)





 













Juliza (left) and Nolita (right) holding the letters sent to them by Isabel Mègre and Filipa respectively.



 
 













Artemisa (left) hoding a little gift sent to her by the daughter of her "godmother" who bought it with her own money and Maria de Jesus hoding a book sent to her by her former "godparent" and a letter sent to her by a former student of mine (Nuno Miguel) she has been penfriends with.


















They do not know yet that three "godmothers" will be travelling there soon and will be carrying a lot of little "surprises" for them all.



I must confess I wonder what their reactions are going to be like ..., though I am happy enough with the fact that they all know somebody cares about them ... and that's what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment