Tuesday 29 November 2011

Latest news regarding Calheta ...


Thirty four letters of all shapes and sizes are on the way to Calheta, as most "godmothers" decided to answer to the cards and messages sent by the children.

Words of affection and encoragment have a huge impact on these children and I am particularly thankful to those who have committed themselves to helping me make these children happier...






The child of one of the "godmothers" decided she wanted to participate in this project and bought a small school set for the girl her mother is "protecting". It is gestures like this that count and may turn this world into a better place for us all to live in.



I'll soon be sending some extra presents that Carlos Saboga had bought long ago for one of the little girls and which for unexpected reasons were not handed to me before. As the saying goes "it is better late than never" ...




Presents bought by Carlos Saboga for Eunice de Jesus





I am preparing my next trip already, even if it won't happen before next February ... Taking into account the number of children involved, things have got to be planned in advance, especially in what concerns selecting the "appropriate" things for each of the girls when it comes to the Art projects.

I am looking forward to the next year ... hoping my health problems  will allow me to  continue doing what I have been able so far ... on behalf of these children ...












No comments:

Post a Comment