Sunday 16 October 2011

The books I have recently read ...



I would say that for some sort of potentially "explainable" reason, I have always loved to read dramas or "real life"  based accounts since my early childhood ...

Having read that "A pequena abelha" (The little bee) by Chris Cleave had been fuelled by the tragic story of an Angolan man who had fled to England  and claimed asylum, I bought the book. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. Not only is the story compelling but also magestically well written. It is the best book I have read in a long time and ... I don't seem to be the only person to say that.  I'll have to buy it in the original English version, not because I dont trust the capacity of the translater but simply because I want to "feel" the author in his own words."






The second book - "A coragem de Camila" (Alcaldesa) by a well known author to me (Sandra Sabanero) was equally interesting. There is something about the way this  particular author and some other South American authors write that inevitably captures my attention ... the "vivid" descriptions and the intricate stories.

Two completely different approaches to the role played by power, honour and other values, that even the less enthusiastic readers ought to read.






No comments:

Post a Comment