Wednesday 27 July 2011

Street markets ...


I feel a somewhat bewitching fascination about street markets ... I haven't yet been able to identify ...


Could it be the exuberance of the colourful woven fabrics?... 


San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico 2010; Chichicastenango, Guatemala in 2008 (right)



The intense and often dizying smells filling in the air?...


Almolonga, Guatemala in 2008 (left); Merida, Mexico 2010 (right)



The criative and almost "artistic" ways in which the variety of products are being displayed?...



Assomada, Cape Verde in 2009 (Left); San Francisco el Alto, Guatemala in 2008 (right)



The expressions ... and the echoing pitch voice cries of the vendors?...

The exquisite products being sold?...

Assomada, Cape Verde 2009 (left); Sucupira, Praia-Cape Verde 2010 (right)




I simply can't resist that "intriguing" bustle ... and the more markets I visit (with the typical enthusiasm of a collector) the more I like them ... whether they are just down the road from my home or thousands of kilometres away ...







No comments:

Post a Comment