Friday 6 August 2010

Faye ...


Faye's first photographs (at the age of 8 months)




Like most mothers, as I looked at Faye and Mia  or held them in my arms as children, I  always felt they were the most beautiful  and "brightest" babies in the world  (in my world of affections) ... I really cherished every moment we spent together.

When Faye was born I was fairly young ...  and quite unaware of the real difficulties of being a mother ...  though committed to wanting to be the "best mother" ever ...

Have I been  what I had (so strongly) wanted to become? 
I don't know ..., but  what is it to be a good mother? ... There may be several definitions as to what it is (might be) ... but how can it be "measured"? ...

One thing I am sure of ... I was one of their best  "playground" companions ... I loved playing around in the parks  with them ... all year around ... and it wasn't only because of those precious nature surrounded moments ... but mostly because of the things we did and "discovered" together ...

As I look at Faye's expression and smile in these photographs ... I just wish she could be here ...  still (again) ... in my arms ... leaning against me ... holding her favourite toy ... holding me ... never to "part "...

No comments:

Post a Comment